We look for passionate, smart, coachable entrepreneurs that are willing to do what it takes to build a successful business with a straight path to growth.
Generally, we invite early stage companies that are based within the Mid-Atlantic region as north as Connecticut and as south as Washington DC. The members of the Broad Street Angels consist of established high net worth individuals from a broad spectrum of industries ranging from healthcare, medical devices, finance, telecom, software development, accounting, technology, real estate, consumer retail and others. Therefore, we accept applications from a diverse range of industries. Investments have ranged from $25,000 up to $1 million.
- Step 1:
- Companies are asked to submit their application to: https://gust.com/organizations/broad-street-angels/funding_applications/responses/startups/new.
- Step 2:
- Our screening committee reviews applications from the Mid-Atlantic region and selects 3 companies to pitch at our next member meeting. The selected companies are contacted for their availability.
- Step 3:
- Each company is asked to prepare and present a presentation to our members at our monthly meeting held at The Union League of Philadelphia: 140 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102. Generally, 25-35 members attend these meetings. The presentation should include the following information:
Value Proposition / Differentiators
3 – 5 year financial forecast
Amount of capital to be raised this round
Use of capital
Each firm has 10 minutes to present, followed by 10 minutes of Q&A by the members. Our presenting companies are then requested to leave while members discuss their level of interest.
- Step 4:
- If sufficient interest is generated, a Deal Team is formed, and a Deal Team Lead is identified. The Deal Team Lead will contact the CEO within a few days to schedule a due diligence kickoff meeting by phone or in person.
- Step 5:
- Due Diligence begins. If the company has gone through due diligence with another investment firm, then to expedite the due diligence process, permission is requested to share the due diligence report with the Broad Street Angels.
- Step 6:
- Decision to invest is targeted to be within 2 months, but could be more or less depending on the level of due diligence required. Investments are made by individual BSA members.
- Step 7:
- Specific documents are executed based on the type of investment being made (convertible note, equity, etc.) and funds transferred.
- Step 8:
If you are a company that we should meet, please be sure to submit your application for funding prior to our Screening Committee meetings.
2020 Screening Committee Schedule:
- Monday, February 24, 2020
- Monday, March 23, 2020
- Monday, April 27, 2020
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Monday, June 29, 2020
- Monday, August 31, 2020
- Monday, September 21, 2020
- Monday, October 26, 2020
- Monday, November 23, 2020